Our subscribers received their September-October issue in the mail this week, and the new issue is now on newsstands. As usual it will be available soon on our website, but you might want to run out and get it now. Here are some of the things you’ll find inside:
- Doug Saunders, Judy Rebick, and six other Canadians offer their predictions on what a Barack Obama presidency might mean for Canada
- Catherine Rolfsen asks whether our own Truth and Reconciliation Commission on residential schools can truly heal Canada’s First Nations
- Margaret Webb explains how inept government policies are stifling small organic farmers when we need them more than ever
- Our new TV columnist, Jason Anderson, speculates on what CBC hit Little Mosque on the Prairie will look like when it makes its U.S. debut on Fox(!)
- Plus: The end of the world, Genocide in the classroom, Cory Doctorow’s latest book, new poetry by Matthew Tierney and Suzanne Robertson, your letters, and much more.
You can find the new issue in stores now, but if you really want to be ahead of the curve, why not subscribe?