1. This Magazine gives you a genuinely fresh take on Canadian politics, ideas, culture and arts.
2. This Magazine was recently named Small Magazine of the Year—FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW—by the Canadian Society of Magazine Editors.
3. Every issue of This Magazine is full of the facts you need to fight back.
4. More than four decades of not-for-profit independence means we can publish the stories corporate mainstream media is afraid of.
5. This Magazine publishes great fiction and poetry from new voices in every issue. People first published in This Magazine? A few folks you may recognize: Margaret Atwood, Al Purdy, Dennis Lee, Lillian Allen, Evelyn Lau, Dionne Brand, Michael Ondaatje, Andre Alexis and countless others.
6. This Magazine is a magazine for readers, not advertisers–over 250 pages annually of award-winning writing by Canada’s best writers and brightest new voices.
7. This Magazine recently won gold in the photojournalism and photo essay category at the National Magazine Awards for Ian Willms’ fantastic photo essay “In The Shadow of the Oilsands” published in our March-April 2011 issue.
8. This Magazine gives you the unabashed, fearless and in-depth coverage of important issues that matter to you.
9. We don’t want your life to be one of regret. We’ve got lots of exciting things planned that we don’t want you to miss out on including; a totally snazzy redesigned This Magazine which will launch with our inaugural “50 Worst Companies in Canada” special issue (September/October 2012). We’re also working on our popular annual culture issue (November/December 2012), a fun “How-To” themed issue (January/February 2013) and a special “Year In Review” issue.
10. You can win things! If you subscribe now you`ll be entered into a draw to win one of five copies of Share or Die: Voices of the Get Lost Generation in the Age of Crisis edited by Malcolm Harris and Neal Gorenflo (with a foreword by Cory Doctorow and published by New Society Publishers) . We`ve also got super awesome This Magazine prize packs to give away (which include a lovely and extremely useful This Magazine tote bag).
So what are you waiting for? Visit this.org/subscribe to subscribe now!