This Magazine Staff
It’s time to test your knowledge on the 2008 federal election. Below are 10 questions with the answer to each question being the name of one of the five major parties. See how many you can figure out and then check back tomorrow for the answers.
1. Which party has promised to roll back taxes income trusts?
2. Which party wants to bring in proportional representation?
3. Which party is aiming to have a federal debt to GDP ratio of 25 percent by 2011-2012?
4. Which party plans on spending $300 million to help protect women from cervical cancer?
5. Which party has discussed taking on spammers who collect personal info under false pretences or for illegal purposes?
6. Which party would invest $1 billion to make Canada’s manufacturing sector greener and more competitive?
7. Which party has promised to limit income tax for those earning less than $20,000?
8. Which party plans on eliminating the GST on books?
9. Which party wants to spend $50 million to boost our country’s slaughterhouse capacity?
10. Which party has mentioned allowing people without status who are currently in Canada the chance to apply for legal status?